BETTER SKIN WITHOUT WEARING ANY MAKEUP
Better Skin Naturally!
Here Are 3 Easy Ways To Improve Your Skin Health:
- Eat more anti-inflammatory foods: Acne, psoriasis, and rosacea are all triggered by inflammation. One of the best ways to battle these skin conditions is to reduce hypo allergenic foods (like wheat and dairy) and add in anti inflammatory, healing foods (like bone broth, omega 3s, celery ,blueberries, and my fav, salmon!)
- Hydrate! Our skin is the largest organ in our body and is comprised of protein, fat and water. Make sure to drink at least 2.5 litres of water per day and use a natural moisturizers void of perfumes and harsh chemicals.
- Exercise: Our skin helps regulate temperature and helps us remove toxins from our body through sweating. Hit the gym and sweat it out! Exercise will also help better your sleep, which is another cause of bad skin.
Good skin starts within! Nourishment and a good diet are critical to skin health.Include more of these micronutrients!
- Lutein: Known as the “eye vitamin”, this antioxidant helps protect our skin and eyes. It is found in bright, colourful foods like carrots, sweet potatoes and kale. It also acts as an anti inflammatory.
- Beta Carotene: Also found in colourful foods like sweet potatoes, carrots, and tomatoes! Beta carotene gets converted into Vitamin A. This antioxidant helps out skin better protect itself from sunlight and our environment.
- Vitamin C: A powerful antioxidant that helps produce collagen!
- Monounsaturated fats: are natural moisturizers that also act as anti inflammatories. (as found in olive oil and avocados)
- Phytochemicals: are powerful micronutrients found in plants
- Antioxidants: as found in berries, black currants, dark chocolate and more
- Selenium: as found in Brazilian nuts and tomatoes. Helps fight against cancer and cell damage.
- Vitamin E: as found in nuts and seeds. Vitamin E supports cell growth and repair
- Zinc: Another big one for skin! Zinc helps repair skin damage and is a critical micronutrient for the sebaceous glands in our skin. Zinc is found in fish, poultry, nuts and seeds.
- Omega 3s: Acts as an anti inflammatory and can fight acne and psoriasis. Omega 3 rich foods include free run eggs, avocados, rapeseed oil and olive oil. You could also opt to supplement with an Omega 3 supplement.
Better Skin Naturally: 20 Must Have Foods
Eat more whole foods! I recommend reducing the amount of processed and refined foods and replace them with healthy, whole foods. Here is a list of 20 foods to include in your diet. Many of these foods are antioxidant rich and act as inflammatories.
- Green tea
- Dark chocolate (my fave!)
- Chia Seeds
- Free Run Eggs
- Coffee Extract
- Collard Greens
- Orange peel
- Sweet Potatoes